Universal embedded MP3 module with 2 serial High-Speed interfaces and recording function
Fallguy ULTRA REC MP3 module
The Fallguy ULTRA REC MP3 module (Article-No.0148) is an universal and compact embedded module for playing and recording compressed audio data (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, WMA, FLAC). The MP3 module was designed for use in embedded systems and for integration in customer specific environment. It is a versatile audio module for working in rough industrial applications.
The module is equipped with a SD-card slot for using with SD cards type SD or SDHC.
Controlling the module could be done either by buttons, digital and analog inputs or via the different serial interfaces.
A connection for additional electronic to connect to a RS232-, RRS485-, LAN- (XPORT) or USB-interface (FTDI-IC), as well as to a LC-display is provided.
The internal firmware of the module could be adapted to the customer needs. The playback and recording behavior is defined through the programmed firmware.
The ULTRA REC MP3 module is compatible with the Carrier Boards and casing kits for the ULTRA MP3 module!
Technical data - ULTRA REC MP3 module
- 16-Bit microcontroller MC9XD64CAA with 30 MHz
- 64 kByte flash memory for the internal firmware
- 4 kByte RAM
- 1 kByte internal EEPROM for storing configuration data
- Additional coprocessor (XGATE)
- Hardwaredecoder (DSP) VS1063
- Decodes MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG2.5 Layer III (MP3) with up to 320 kbit/s or variable bitrate, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV
- Encodes MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2.5 Layer III (MP3), Ogg Vorbis, WAV
- Volume and equalizer control
- Integrated A/D and D/A converter
- SD-cards from 64 MB to 128 GB usable (SD and SDHC)
- FAT32 file format
- Playback length (example) with 4 GB memory and 128 kbit/s MP3 encoding about 72 hours
- 100 mA (typical) with SD card
- 8 button or analog inputs for connection of buttons, sensors or relais
- 10 digital in- or outputs
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3.3V level, 115.200 bps) for RS232- or RS485 connections with hardware handshake
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3,3V level, 921.600 bps) for LAN (XPORT) and USB connections (FTDI-IC) with hardware handshake
- 1 connection for a LC-display (4-bit)
- 5 connections for additional LEDs
- 1 analog audio output – Line level
- 1 analog audio input – Line level
More technical data can be found in the
datasheets on the download page →
The Fallguy MP3 modules comply to the RoHS guideline of the European Union (2002/95/EC).
High quality made in Germany
The Fallguy MP3 modules are being developed and manufactured in Germany following highest industry and quality standards.
Product range of
Fallguy embedded MP3 modules
What are the differences between the modules?
The basic parameters are listed in
this compact table showing all MP3 modules →
What can you connect?
All Fallguy MP3 modules offer per default numerous
connection possibilities →
Where are the modules used?
A list of
Your application is very special?
We can do nearly any
specific adjustment of our MP3 modules →